Friday, June 24, 2011

Shifting titles, and a new challenge: "One, two... Soup!"

Behind the stage of paper writing: how the paper title has shifted while writing over the last weeks (I recovered these from my drafts between June 6 - 13)

  • Shifting musicologies, or the transversal capacities of New Materialism live as an explosive fuel to performance studies.
  • Shifting musicologies and the new materialist generation: methodology, ontology and time for change.
  • Or, productive alliances and not-a-new methodology
  • New materialism live! Transversal methodology, shifting musicologies, and time for a radical politics of affirmation
  • Or: affirming (my) new materialist music(ologi)cal experience as performance and transversal methodology
  • Or: Hippies or Butches?  Soft affirmation as alternative to feminist criticism
  • New materialism live! Transversal methodology, posthuman subjectivies and shifting musicologies


It reveals some of the more articulate and less subtle stages of the process, I think..   what do you think? (the penultimate one remains my favorite..)

p.s. yes, I've finally finished. As you may have noticed, there is a point where I couldnt keep up with the live stream. Probably, there's a time of opening up, and one of closing down. Necessary to get things done.
This morning I realize that all the more, as I just started the next paper challenge, and immediatly felt the desire to share some thought again..

and of course, no new project goes without a funky working title. For today:

"One, two… Soup! On the limits of politeness/othering, perception, and pluri-modal ontology"


This paper will focus on the Speculative Turn, and I'm taking some earlier posts on that book (on the authenticity of imitation, for instance) as the starting point..  I need a shorter hashtag for this one, do you have suggestions? #12soup doesnt look good, I think..